Friday, August 13, 2010

Woof From Efrat


For those of you who don’t know me yet, I’m Bandit, the beautiful, intelligent brave person who lives with and takes care of Mom and Dad; you know them as Irma and Mel. I know, I look like a Great Pyrenees dog, but that’s just a disguise I used to trick them into adopting me.

Anyway, I have a bunch of friends who live in places in America – Colorado and Florida. I’ve wanted to say, “Woof,” to all of you but never had the chance until now. Dad left his computer on and went out for a while. Usually when they leave me alone, I try to sleep on their bed. This time I’m trying something new…they’ll never know (they’re not so smart).

The three of us left that Florida place and moved to this other place they call Efrat, in Israel. You wouldn’t believe how they brought me here. I wouldn’t put a DOG through that, but that’s another story.

This place is much better than that Florida place, because I have a private yard and garden all to myself, so I can pee whenever I want. I’m worried about the garden, because Mom just planted some trees. You see, I’m female and trees are for boys to pee on. I hope they don’t get a boy dog.

Mom already got one of those smelly cat things; she’s ok. She’s small and doesn’t eat too much of my food. The cat isn’t afraid of me anymore, so we have become friends. She’s not too useful, because she can’t bark yet. I’ll try to teach her.

The weather here is nicer than Florida because it gets cool at night. They even have winter here and sometimes they even get snow; not as much as Colorado, but I’m getting older and wouldn’t have fun in that much snow anymore.

I like this place better than Florida because my yard has a fence that lets me see out and bark when people go by. I don’t bark at everyone, because nobody is afraid of me anymore. I just bark at some people to sound like I am on the job protecting our home and our neighborhood.

Mom and Dad will be back soon, so I’d better go. I just wanted to tell all my friends how much I miss you. Please come and visit us. I’ll be happy to take you for a walk and show you the best places to pee.

Hello, Uncle Ira and Aunt Perri; you guys and Fluffy are the best. Hello, Uncle Jeffery and Aunt Barbara; I miss playing with you on the floor. Hi, Lola and Manfred. Hi George at Casuarina. Hi also to the Josephs and the Golds – all good dog people.

I miss Caleb and Rikki, my little grand kids from Colorado. I hope you visit me sometime soon. Also Aaron and Jonah, please come visit me from Michigan. Your cousins, Haddar, Danielle and Raquel come and visit.

Hi Yonah, I miss you; say Hi to your dad, I think he liked me but he was afraid of me. Your sister, Leah, liked me but was afraid of me too. I’m sorry I took Mrs. K. away from you, but I needed someone and Uncle Ira was too big to get into my cage with me.

If I missed anyone, I’m sorry. I miss you all, but I wouldn’t move back to Florida for all the MilkBones in Costco. Please come and visit us.

Woof to you all.
Bandit

Come Play With Me

4 comments:

  1. Bandit, Thank you for your letter, it was nice to hear from you and I am happy to hear you are doing well. I miss seeing you on your daily visits. I envy all of you, your pictures are great and it looks like a very nice place to be. It looks like a picture from Brigadoon.
    Say hello to your folks and stay well.
    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Bandit, I've had problems responding.
    Thanks for your letter, I've missed you on your rounds each week. I'm glad you are enjoying your new surroundings, from the pictures it looks like something from Brigadoon. Quite frankly I would like to be there, but one problem my wife. Don't tell her I said that. She is firmly entrenched here and has no intention of going any where.At any rate you are happy and so are your folks and that is the important. I wish you all, the best in your new home and from your letters I can see you are contented.
    Till later, George

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bandit,
    You look great!! I was real happy to see you and I look forward to my next visit to be with you again. I certainly can attest to the fact that you are much happier in your new private yard in Efrat. I know you enjoy the cool breeze at night after the hot steamy days we have to deal with lately. Keep barking to let them know you are protecting everyone in the neighborhood. With love, Mrs. K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shalom Bandit...If you don't recognize (or don't want to recognize) my voice I can understand...It's Uncle Ira and I know you won't believe it but my 'trip' was almost as bad as yours...I'm sorry, but I promise I'll make it up to you when I come visit...no I can't make it for Sukkot this year but G-d willing I am planning something every day...I can't wait to see all those great places you 'tinkle' and smell all those great smells...oh by the way, say hi to those humans you're taking care of...we miss you all so very much but are sure you are in a much better place...

    ReplyDelete